Specialty Instructor & Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT)Sure, your Open Water Scuba Instructor card is the ticket to travel the world. However, being able to teach more courses gives you better variety in your career. The PADI Specialty Instructor Courses & our Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) Program will help you approach more job opportunities, too. With your Specialty Instructor ratings, you now can take your students on adventures to depths that will incite their dreams and imaginations and you also will save 58 $AU* on each Specialty Instructor application when completing your training with a PADI Course Director. *comparing to Method 2 (157 $AU), which requires no Specialty Instructor Training offered by PADI Course Directors/Specialty Instructor Trainers but minimum of 20 logged dives are required in the particular specialty. Starts anytime! With our flexible scheduling and day boats running every day to all local sites, you can select when you want to begin the Specialty Instructor Program. Practical training dives can be done over 2 to 3 days, depending on how many and which Specialties you choose. Or, join us on one of our current monthly scheduled programs. email us your travel plan and we'll help with the logistics and dive plan from there.
Master Scuba Diver TrainerMSDT Prep Pro Package: 25,000 THB* (approx. 740.00 $US). Includes: 7 Specialties and Specialty Equipment rental (except DPV), Specialty Instructor training dives (up to 9 dives), 5 nights shared accommodation at Rumblefish Hostel. MSDT Prep Standard Package: 18,000 THB* (approx. 530 $US). Includes: 5 standard Specialties (EANx, Deep, AWARE Distinctive - Sharks Conservation, Digital Underwater Photography and Underwater Navigation), 5 nights shared accommodation at Rumblefish Hostel. Once you have 5 PADI Specialty Instructor ratings, all you need is to certify 25 or more students to become a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT). You will not only save close to 100 $US with our Master Scuba Diver Trainer Program but the MSDT rating brings you closer to becoming an IDC Staff Instructor. PADI Special Offer for 2017! PADI Asia Pacific extended the waiver MSDT Application fee for all Specialty Instructors who met the qualification in Thailand. So, get your 5 Specialty Instructor ratings, teach them to your students and apply with your Course Director when you meet the required 25 divers certification.
Specialty Instructor Course Rates
|Emergency Oxygen Provider||1 day||5500 THB|
|AWARE - Shark Conservation Distinctive||1 day||5500 THB|
|Fish Identification||1 day||5500 THB|
|Self-Reliant Diver ***||3 days||13500 THB|
|EANx (Nitrox) **||1 day||4500 THB|
|Deep (2015 most popular!)||1 day||6500 THB|
|Digital Underwater Photography||1 day||5500 THB|
|PADI TEC Nitrox Gas Blender ***||1 day||12500 THB|
|Night||1 day||5500 THB|
|Search & Recovery||1 day||6500 THB|
|Underwater Naturalist||½ day||5500 THB|
|Underwater Navigation||½ day||5500 THB|
|Wreck||1 day||6500 THB|
PrerequisitesTo enroll in a Specialty Instructor Training Course / MSDT Prep Program, an individual must:
- Be a renewed PADI Assistant Instructor (certified/upgraded since 1995), or be a renewed PADI Underwater Instructor (or PADI Instructor with a higher rating), or have completed an IDC/OWSI Program within the past 12 months.
- Have made at least 10 dives in the particular specialty area prior to submitting a Specialty Instructor Application to PADI. (These dives may be completed before, during or after attending the Specialty Instructor Training Course)
- Enriched Air Specialty Instructor **: the instructor must submit proof of PADI Enriched Air Diver certification or a qualifying certification from another training organization
- Be a renewed PADI Open Water Instructor and have certified 25 or more divers
- Be a certified PADI Self-Reliant Diver or PADI TECREC® Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization
- Have logged at least 20 self-reliant dives (dives using redundant equipment and following techniques of self-reliance)
- Be a renewed PADI Open Water Instructor or higher
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver Specialty Instructor
- Be a DSAT Gas Blender
- Be a renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
- Be certified as a PADI Specialty Instructor for five or more specialty ratings. (Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE and AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation do not count toward the required five.)
- Have issued at least 25 PADI certifications. No more than five of the 25 certifications may be from nondiving courses. Up to five PADI Seal Team or Master Seal Team registrations may be credited toward the required certifications.
PADI FeesThese fees are not covered by your course prices. You will need to pay to PADI directly after your course via credit cards, bank draft or money transfer. Price below is up to date for 2016.
|Specialty Instructor Application (Method 1)||99 $AUD|
|MSDT Application (online option)||125 $AUD|